rnRounds Nurse Network

Nurse Rounds - Network for nurses and nursing professionals

Hey Guys!  I am a level 4 nursing student.  I was wondering what shoes were the best.  Thanks for the feedback!!

Views: 2637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When i was a student, I used to ask my mom to buy me Nurse Mates. Theyre quite comfortable and wont slip. You can also try shoes from Hush Puppies.

Alegria shoes/clogs, one of the very few ever that do not make my heels hurt after 12-14 hours at the ICU. The other I found is the Avia version of the "rocker" not as high and very stable.

Crimson

I actually got Schetchers Fit shoes, they are like walking on air, support my back after  my 12 hour shifts and my arches and heels and joints dont ache either and I have bad feet...try them out, they also tone your legs and booty...good benefits for the comfort
Thanks!!  I broke down and bought Nursemates.  By the end of the day I thought my feet were going to fall off!!  My back felt better than usual but not my feet!  Guess I'll try something else now lol!
Dansko!!
i love adidas. i work 12 hr nights, and by the end of the night my feet do not hurt! goodluck!!
Best place to shop for shoes for RNs?
We have a store called Trade Home here in Missoula but I know they are in other parts of the country too! They sell Dansko, Alegria, earth, Merrill, etc and you can lay them away. Just 10% down will hold the shoes and you can pay them off so it is not so bad on the wallet at one time. I also think that you should not wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row when working those 12 hour shifts.

Sketchers shape ups.  I have bad arches and theses shoes are amazing for standing in for 12 hours, but if you really think about it, standing and running your butt off for a long period of time is going to make it hard to ever find a shoe that accomodates what we do...ive tried them all. lol

Sketchers definitely are stylish and comfy too!

pickles said:

Sketchers shape ups.  I have bad arches and theses shoes are amazing for standing in for 12 hours, but if you really think about it, standing and running your butt off for a long period of time is going to make it hard to ever find a shoe that accomodates what we do...ive tried them all. lol

I have a friend that owns a scrub company, and she would have good insight into picking out the best shoes. Her site is www.fancyscrubs.com.   Her name is Lisa...

Nurse Mates,K Swiss running shoes or you can also try Dr.Scholls from Canada.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsor

Invite five RNs who ultimately register and receive a $10 Starbucks Gift Card! (US Members Only due to Federal Regulations)

Latest Activity

Maureen updated their profile
8 hours ago
Profile IconPrecious Gay Tocol, karenannalex, Aureus Consultancy and 5 more joined rnRounds Nurse Network
Thursday
RNrounds posted a video

Call Me Maybe Parody Student Nurses

Here's a nursing school parody of Call Me Maybe Call MI Crazy VERSE 1 Went to McDonalds today, don't ask me what I just ate Its already too late, don't judge...
Dec 16, 2015
Profile IconJohanna and Jeff Williams joined rnRounds Nurse Network
Dec 16, 2015
Rene posted a group
Thumbnail

Bestglaspipes Art Glass Pipes

Some new bubblers and dry pipes from Bestglaspipes. They are very well made pieces and it’s good to see Weed Star Glass stretching themselves and always looking to improve their scope.The worked designs of these Glass Bubbler pipes are high quality and each piece can hold its own in a comparison test with traditionally ‘superior’ brands of worked glass bubblers.No one’s saying these pieces are going to take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place at…See More
May 28, 2014
Arnel is now a member of rnRounds Nurse Network
May 24, 2014
uzma waheed is now a member of rnRounds Nurse Network
May 3, 2014
RNrounds posted videos
Apr 16, 2014
Lisa Burgess is now a member of rnRounds Nurse Network
Apr 16, 2014
OmniMD EHR is now a member of rnRounds Nurse Network
Mar 23, 2014
Monique peters is now a member of rnRounds Nurse Network